Unanswered: Need help with restore

I need help doing a database refresh from production to development. Both databases have been running for some time and the primary dba for these databases are out and I have been asked to help.

Both are running on separate Sun Solaris servers. I have checked the tablespaces and created the extra tablespaces needed in dev to make the tablespaces match up. I did an offline backup of production and ftp'ed it over to development. During the restore I am getting

SQL0970N The system attempted to write to a read-only file. SQLSTATE=55009

How do I finf out what file it is talking about? I did not see anything significant in the db2diag.log file

Both instances are db2 v7

Thanks in advance

Re: Need help with restore

sqllib/db2dump/db2diag.log

In case all your filesystems in dev are not the same as in prod, then you should be doing a redirected restore ...

HTH

Sathyaram

Originally posted by soestx
    I need help doing a database refresh from production to development. Both databases have been running for some time and the primary dba for these databases are out and I have been asked to help.

Both are running on separate Sun Solaris servers. I have checked the tablespaces and created the extra tablespaces needed in dev to make the tablespaces match up. I did an offline backup of production and ftp'ed it over to development. During the restore I am getting

SQL0970N The system attempted to write to a read-only file. SQLSTATE=55009

How do I finf out what file it is talking about? I did not see anything significant in the db2diag.log file

Both instances are db2 v7

Thanks in advance
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.