Unanswered: Unixware 7.1.3 and Oracle 9i (9.2.0.1 and beyond)

Hi all:

Has anyone had experience in installing Oracle 9i in Unixware 7.1.3 enviornment?

from what i know, i will need to install the linux version of oracle9i under Unixware 7.1.3's LKP package. If any one can point me to a detailed HOWTO or installation guide that would be great.

THX

Mark

Re: Unixware 7.1.3 and Oracle 9i (9.2.0.1 and beyond)

Originally posted by mchih
    Hi all:

Has anyone had experience in installing Oracle 9i in Unixware 7.1.3 enviornment?

from what i know, i will need to install the linux version of oracle9i under Unixware 7.1.3's LKP package. If any one can point me to a detailed HOWTO or installation guide that would be great.

THX

Mark
    Update:

I have gone thru the normal pre-installation steps. but now i have having trouble starting up Xwindow in the linux environment... if anyone has some suggestion that would be great.

Mark

type startX as the command and try to start X window system.

]#startX

If it gives an error stating X windows not configured, then configured using the following command. (if you have red-hat linux).

]#redhat-config-xfree86

Also have a look at /etc/X11/XF86Config file for the vedio card and devices and monitor description.

HTH
    Bhavin

MS Computer Science
    OCP DBA 9i/8i

Originally posted by Hings
    type startX as the command and try to start X window system.

]#startX

If it gives an error stating X windows not configured, then configured using the following command. (if you have red-hat linux).

]#redhat-config-xfree86

Also have a look at /etc/X11/XF86Config file for the vedio card and devices and monitor description.

HTH
    Thanks for the reply....

this is where unixware 7.1.3 is confusing to me..

it's a unixware product with a linux 'service(?)' attached to it. so it has a GUI for Unixware environment, but if i want to install Oracle9i on this particular distribution, i will need to install it on the linux service. So I will need to open the linux GUI(KDE in this case) additioanlly. when i tried to start the KDE it gives me a message:

Xlib: connection to "192.168.168.164:0.0" refused by server
    Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key

and

It looks like dcopserver is already running. If you are sure
    that it is not already running, remove /home/oracle/.DCOPserver_test_192.168.168
    .164:0
    and start dcopserver again.

it doesn't really relate to Oracle but it's the problem I am having b4 I install it :P

Thanks

Mark