Angry Unanswered: Loading libmysql.dll

I am trying to use mysql with Borland C++ Builder 6. I am getting the error message "Unable to load libmysql.dll". Has anyone had success resolving this error before?

Re: Loading libmysql.dll

Originally posted by lutherj
    I am trying to use mysql with Borland C++ Builder 6. I am getting the error message "Unable to load libmysql.dll". Has anyone had success resolving this error before?
    Actually I had the same problem with Delphi 6. As far as I have seen the 4.x mysql client library is not well supported under Delphi and C++ Builder. You can either use the older 3.5.x mysql client library or instead of using DBExpress, try using ADO connections. It works on mysql 4.x client libraries and you dont get that error.

Ilker

Re: Loading libmysql.dll

Originally posted by iatalay
    Actually I had the same problem with Delphi 6. As far as I have seen the 4.x mysql client library is not well supported under Delphi and C++ Builder. You can either use the older 3.5.x mysql client library or instead of using DBExpress, try using ADO connections. It works on mysql 4.x client libraries and you dont get that error.

Ilker
    Thanks for your reply. I will have to try that. I have just recenly tried using the C API to connect to a mysql db. However, after finally getting it to compile (had to redefine mysql datatypes..), upon executing the program, I got the error stating that the dll ... mysqlclient... was not the proper format. It had to be OMF format but was COFF. This is a Microsoft to Borland thing. The coff2omf executable did not work. Has anyone had experience with this as well??? Guess I'll try ADO.
    lj

Hey lutherj,

how did you get your C progs to compile? I'm having problems compiling mine on a new host. I get strmov undefined errors.
    Did you get that?

strmov is defined in the mystring.h file and I'm sure I've got the
    appropriate includes as the program compiled successfully on
    a previous host and I haven't changed anything other than
    finding myself on a new server. Anyone else got any ideas?

cheers