Unanswered: Another weird error

I asked this before on the forum and now the error I had has come back:

I have 4 users using the db in access97. Everythings works fine except for one button which comes up with an error when the others use it but not when I use it. The idea is that when you click on the button it either clears the fields or fills it with the time/ date, depending on the yes/no box.

The code for this button is:

Public Sub Signoff_Click()
    If Afgemeld = True Then
    Signoff_date = Date
    Signoff_time = Time()
    Else
    Signoff_date = Null
    Signoff_time = Null
    End If
    End Sub

The error the other people keep getting is that they can't find the library or project. I have looked everywhere and just can't find what I am doing wrong.

Re: Another weird error

As with the other issue, this is again what you need to go to the VBA Editor and compare what is enabled in Tools/References.

I think that I know the problem you had with finding the menu option: You are using a dutch version of Access, and when we here refer to menu choices they are in English, not Dutch.
    Hence, you have to first look for the dutch word for Tools, in that menu, there should be a sub-menu called Macros or something. This is NOT the same meny entry as any other Macro menu that you may have on-screen all the time. You should be looking for a sub-meny within the "tools" (in dutch) menu. There you should find VBA "something-in-dutch"... Moreover, When in VBA Editor, you should look for the dutch translation of Tools/References (I think it should be the topmost menu entry in that menu).

Another thing:
    If you have any window maximised within Access, the menus change slightly according to if you have a query or form open.
    To simplify , close all windows BUT the main db window. If you cannot find the menu option, try making a new db, save it, and then see if you can find the menu option for VBA editor....

hi,

I tried what you said last time (under tools) but both seem exactly the same. Could there be something else that I am doing wrong?

Kedaniel is right should be some reference missing....

Greets from amsterdam...

Originally posted by charlottevk
    hi,

I tried what you said last time (under tools) but both seem exactly the same. Could there be something else that I am doing wrong?
    from the screenshot you sent me, I think you are looking the wrong place. Close all windows, do not have a window maximised within Access, then look for the Tools (in dutch) and then Macros SUB-menu. Should be only one entry starting with 3 capital letters, could they have translated VBA to something also? ... Think not....

As I just said, try with a new blank database, that should give you standard menus. See if things changes then. If not, if the db is a front-end (not storing any (sensitive) data, you might post it/send it so we can have a look at what may cause the "disappearence" of the menu entry.

BUT: also try this on two different computers, see if they are different, try with a blank/new db on both if necessary.

hi,

Thanks, found what I am missing. Is it possible for me to copy the .ocx file to the other user's c drive? is that the solution for the missing file or should I do something else?

You must check it in the references list as explained by Kedaniel....

The file most probalby is allready there, but only not checked....

Regards

Hi,

I checked the reference list but the file is not there. It just says 'MISSING:' and the the file name. And I checked the path and the file is not there. So I was thinking of copying the file on my c drive onto theirs but I don't know if that's the way to do it.

I dont know either, try i would say.... Strange that a file like that is missing....

Greets

well, if anyone has the same problem and is wondering what works: I just copied the file and placed it in the same place as mine was, on other's computers. THe whole problem is gone.

Thanks you guys for all the help/