Question Unanswered: Add node and dbpart

db2 udb eee 7.2 fp 7 on aix 5.1

We could use either add node after updating the db2nodes.cfg, or do a db2start add node. However, this being EEE, how does it decide what the database path should be on the new partition? Does it look at dftdbpath or the catalog node? If someone has done this, can you share the steps that you have gone through?

TIA.

Re: Add node and dbpart

I remember that the database on all nodes should be on the same path ...

Sorry if I'm wrong

Sathyaram

Originally posted by cchattoraj
    db2 udb eee 7.2 fp 7 on aix 5.1

We could use either add node after updating the db2nodes.cfg, or do a db2start add node. However, this being EEE, how does it decide what the database path should be on the new partition? Does it look at dftdbpath or the catalog node? If someone has done this, can you share the steps that you have gone through?

TIA.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

The database path is the same accross all nodes, if its on a different box, it must be NFS mounted.
    David Quigley

I remeber that the CREATE DATABASE Command advised against having the dbpath in a NFS Filesystem

Cheers
    sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.