Angry Unanswered: lines of code not executing??

Hi,

i have this VBA macro on an excel sheet. Here is the code that gives me trouble:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sub SaveMe2()

With Application
    .DisplayAlerts = True
    .ScreenUpdating = True
    End With

Dim fname1 As String
    Dim fname2 As String

' Save as Range Name
    fname1 = Sheets("invoice").Range("N57")

' Save as user Input
    fname2 = InputBox("Please enter the target Filename", "Filename Entry")

On Error Goto Error:

With ActiveWorkbook
    .SaveAs Filename:="\\ADMIN\My Documents\Comptabilité\FactureClients\" & fname2 & ".xls"
    .SaveAs Filename:="C:\Documents and Settings\Mr.Crud\My Documents\E-Comm\Audio Occasion\Factures Clients" & fname2 & ".xls"
    End With

ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=3, Collate:=True

Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\Documents and Settings\Mr.Crud\My Documents\E-Comm\Audio Occasion\Test\Factures Clients.xls"

Workbooks("" & fname2 & ".xls").Close True

Error:

End Sub

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when i step into the code, it doesnt execute the last 2 commands ( the Workbooks.Open.... and the Workbooks.Close.... ) it just skips right over.

anyone know why??

I'm running this on Excel 2003, but the code was originally written on a Excel XP machine.

Thanks!
    Cheers!

Mr.Crud

There are 10 kinds of people, ones that understand digital, others that dont

As long as the file exists, it should open.

The second part should be:

Workbooks(fname2).Close True

And Display =Alerts & ScreenUpdating should be false at the beginning of the code and set to True at the end.

I'll repost the entire code I gave you before if it will help.

Smitty

Hi again Smitty,

The thing i dont get is that it runs fine on my computer, but not on the machine i designed this file for!!!

When running the code one line at a time, it just skips right over the lines??!!!

Workbooks(fname2).Close True line, i cant get it to work this way, i have to put in the rest.

Is there a difference between Excel 2003 and XP that would cause this, such as a change in the commands???

thanks for the reply!

Cheers!
    Cheers!

Mr.Crud

There are 10 kinds of people, ones that understand digital, others that dont

Is there a difference between Excel 2003 and XP that would cause this, such as a change in the commands???
    Not that I'm aware of, but I could be wrong. I'd look at the Microsoft Knowledge Base and see if you get any answers there.

Smitty