Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    16

    Unhappy Unanswered: xls file to oracle table

    hello
    is there are a way to load xls file to oracle table?

    Thank you

    I was trying to do it trough ms access, but keep geting an error
    odbc - call failed
    or (#1031)

    I can link tables from this oracle db to access, but when I do insert into linking table - it gaves me a problem (error)?


    Thank you

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    St.Louis,MO
    Posts
    120

    Re: xls file to oracle table

    Originally posted by igorem
    hello
    is there are a way to load xls file to oracle table?

    Thank you

    I was trying to do it trough ms access, but keep geting an error
    odbc - call failed
    or (#1031)

    I can link tables from this oracle db to access, but when I do insert into linking table - it gaves me a problem (error)?


    Thank you
    Export the .xls to a comma delimited text file then use SQLloader to load the data into Oracle.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    16

    Re: xls file to oracle table

    Originally posted by tlael
    Export the .xls to a comma delimited text file then use SQLloader to load the data into Oracle.

    Yes, I can do that , and its working, but I have to do it every week on specif. time I though there are a way to automat it, since I have to link xls file to access, then run a query to create a temp_table, thel do an export to text file and then using sqlloader move data to oracle. I can do some of in using macro, but is there a way to do it faser???


    Thanks a lot for all help

    I

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5
    You can even create the xls file as .csv file . create an executable script which calls the sqlloader in turn this calls the ctl file .
    This executable can be scheduled to run every week.

    hope this helps.
    Thanks and Regards,
    Sang Garg

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    16

    xls to oracle / skipping access

    Originally posted by SANG_GARG
    You can even create the xls file as .csv file . create an executable script which calls the sqlloader in turn this calls the ctl file .
    This executable can be scheduled to run every week.

    hope this helps.
    Thanks and Regards,
    Sang Garg

    Thank you for all help,
    I already have a process that
    by opening the Access DB, I load the xls file to access, then run macro to import it to text file, then I have a SQL loader to run it

    I would like to skip the Access part or may be to have this macro step automated(some how) as well as batch file to execute every day on its own???
    Is there a way of doing so?

    Because cliking 10 time in order to have a new data, king of .... long to do.

    Thanks a lot


    I

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    16

    Re: xls to oracle / skipping access

    Originally posted by igorem
    Thank you for all help,
    I already have a process that
    by opening the Access DB, I load the xls file to access, then run macro to import it to text file, then I have a SQL loader to run it

    I would like to skip the Access part or may be to have this macro step automated(some how) as well as batch file to execute every day on its own???
    Is there a way of doing so?

    Because cliking 10 time in order to have a new data, king of .... long to do.

    Thanks a lot


    I

    I got it with SQLloader, just simplyfied the xls file a little


    THANK U

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •