Unanswered: -23101: Unable to load locale categories
I'm running IDS on RHL 9.
I wrote the following simple EC program:
int main (argc, argv)
EXEC SQL connect to "mydb";
printf ("<%d>\n", SQLCODE);
When I run this program, I get the error:
-23101: Unable to load locale categories
I can access mydb through dbaccess, but I cannot connect using this program.
* INFORMIXDIR and INFORMIXSERVER are correctly point to the Informix directory and server respectively.
* LD_LIBRARY_PATH is pointing to $INFORMIXDIR/lib and $INFORMIXDIR/lib/esql
* PATH does point to $INFORMIXDIR/bin.
* DB_LOCALE, CLIENT_LOCALE, SERVER_LOCALE and DBLANG are all set to blank (unset). In this case, en_us.8859-1 is the default.
* When I run the Linux shell command 'locale', I get the following:
* I tried to set the 4 environment variables above (DB_LOCALE, CLIENT_LOCALE, SERVER_LOCALE and DBLANG) to en_us.8859-1, en_US.UTF-8, (blank), en_us.ISO8859-1, en_us.cp1252, but nothing seemed to help.
Informix Server is running on other linux host and output
of the locale command on the server side is exactly the same
as on client side. (It means that locales on the client and
server sides are simular)
INFORMIXDIR and INFORMIX server environment variables are defined
$INFORMIXDIR/etc/sqlhosts file contains correct values that point
to existent and running informix server.
I have no ideas what to look at in order to find the solution.
I would kindly appreciate you you or other forum members you provide me with any possible ways of solving the problem with 23101 error.