Unanswered: VB compiler upgrade...

Hi
    A colleague of mine sent me an .mdb file with some sample database. Everything works except on one form a list box doesn't get loaded at all. We looked at everything and he thinks it's the difference in VB versions. I have 6.0 he has 6.3 Could it be the reason? If that's the case, how do we upgrade my VB environment to 6.3?
    Thanks.

Com'n. Does anybody know how to upgrade VB 6.0 environment to 6.3?

Maybe you can get an answer if you pose this question in the forum for VB instead of the Access forum......

I'm talking about Access VB. When we a form in 'Design' and click on 'View --->' code, VB editor pops-up with the code. When we click on 'Help ---> About...' mine says 'Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0' his 'Microsoft Visual Basic 6.3'.

Originally posted by dbforumer
    I'm talking about Access VB. When we a form in 'Design' and click on 'View --->' code, VB editor pops-up with the code. When we click on 'Help ---> About...' mine says 'Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0' his 'Microsoft Visual Basic 6.3'.
    Right, you got me....
    I checked mine and it says VB 6.3
    I have no idea how to upgrade your version. Could you tell me what version of Access you and your buddy have?

His machine runs Windows XP Home addition + Office/Access 2000 shows VB 6.3
    Mine Windows XP Professional + Office/Access 2000 shows VB 6.0

Is it possible that two different Office 2000 installations installed different versions of VBA? The problem is that his machine is half way across the globe and we communicate via e-mail and I don't have access to Office 2000 installation CDs.

Originally posted by dbforumer
    His machine runs Windows XP Home addition + Office/Access 2000 shows VB 6.3
    Mine Windows XP Professional + Office/Access 2000 shows VB 6.0

Is it possible that two different Office 2000 installations installed different versions of VBA? The problem is that his machine is half way across the globe and we communicate via e-mail and I don't have access to Office 2000 installation CDs.
    Sorry, no idea what is causing this difference....
    But if the code can be compiled on both your machines, I don't see what the difference in VB-version could cause trouble.
    Have you checked the References in your code? It might be a missing library or ActiveX...

Yeah, we'll check the 'References' as soon as he wakes up. It's 12 hour difference between the locations.

Thanks anyway.