Unanswered: asp database access

I'm sorry but I never got this right, and I was wondering if anyone could help me with this.

I'm currently working on database-driven website. The database is in Access and I'm using ASP (not . NET) to access it. To access the database all I'm allowed to use are connection strings (I don't have access to and global.asa and so on).

My question is how do I connect to the database, to allow some user add a record to a certain table? What kind of permissions do I need to specify on the IIS, DB and what parameters should I pass through the ASP connection string?

I've been very unsuccessfull in the past with this, it seemed the only way to work this around was to set the db access to everybody modify, write, which i really don't wanna do.

thank you very much for your help,
    ll.

Post your code of the connection to database.

Generally....

Hi

Well... i dont know much about the connection string, but i can tell you how i solved something simular to this.

To make sure that one specific asp file got limited access, put it in another folder and put OS Security on the folder.
    Result of this is that the user trying to access the asp file within that folder, will have to authenticate to access it.

This is controlled on OS Security level (users, groups etc.etc..)

Hope it helped..

Mirador...

it seemed the only way to work this around was to set the db access to everybody modify, write, which i really don't wanna do.
    Yes, I would recommend that unless you just want people to read from the database but not be able to write to it.
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips