Unanswered: Function Sequence Error in DB2

Hi,

Can anyone help me out. I am getting the following error in DB2 7.2
    This error doesn't come everytime. below is the stacktrace

COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0125E Function sequence error. SQLSTATE=HY010
    at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.throw_S QLException(SQLExceptionGenerator.java:269)
    at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.throw_S QLException(SQLExceptionGenerator.java:206)
    at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.check_r eturn_code(SQLExceptionGenerator.java:457)
    at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2ResultSet.next(DB2ResultSe t.java:548)
    at com.ibm.ejs.cm.proxy.ResultSetProxy.next(ResultSet Proxy.java:511)

thanks,
    Subrat

Re: Function Sequence Error in DB2

There is no definite answer as to why there is a function sequence error ... I have come across it for numerous reasons .. The latest one was when an execute was called before prepare ..

Your db2 cli trace will help in identifying the cause

Visit the tip of the month section in www.db2click.com for CLI and JDBC trace settings

Cheers

Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Re: Function Sequence Error in DB2

I think I have seen this kind of problem (Function Sequence Error) in the past when writing Java code that tried to open a cursor / ResultSet. If I remember correclty, the problem was that the odbc/jdbc connection was not configured to support cursor operations. This setting can be configured/verified via the client configuration assistant. Within the CCA select 'Properties'. You will then select the 'Advanced' CLI/ODBC settings and update the 'Cursor hold' parameter on the Transactions tab.

I think that will solve your problem. Please let me know if this works.