Thread: help on queries

Unanswered: help on queries

i have a couple of questions on queries i am writing. first one is i have a query with duplicate results in it....the duplicates are from venders that charged a company more then once for the same exact thing....i need to make a query that tells me the number of times for each exact charge specific by the vender that charged it. so if i have 3 charges for $10 from pepsi, i need to have that one one line, instead of 3, where it will say pepsi $10 3.

the other question is similar, i need a count of records for each vendor in a seperate query. so i need to write a query that says, ok pepsi has this many records in this database, and it needs to say the total amount the vendor is receiving based on all that vendor's records in the database.

ARE YOU USING GROUP BY IN THE QUERY?

yes....i am just having trouble refreshing my memory on simple access queries....i solved the first problem, and am working on the second now..i just forget things sometimes, and had to figure out the correct column to count to get the unique results.