Unanswered: Help with importing data

HI, i am new to the DB2 environment.

Right now i have some data saved in .csv format. I then opened up DB2 control center and right click on the table i wish to insert data in. i then clicked insert data and did all the necessary steps to insert the data. However, i got an error message "SQL0798N A value cannot be specified for column ENO which is defined as GENERATED ALWAYS"

Is that anyway to solve this? Dont ask me to drop the ENO column as i need it for coding purposes. Thanks.

Re: Help with importing data

Take a look at the import command syntax, there is an option of GENERATEDIGNORE option which you can specify while loading the data.

dollar

Originally posted by Shinto
    HI, i am new to the DB2 environment.

Right now i have some data saved in .csv format. I then opened up DB2 control center and right click on the table i wish to insert data in. i then clicked insert data and did all the necessary steps to insert the data. However, i got an error message "SQL0798N A value cannot be specified for column ENO which is defined as GENERATED ALWAYS"

Is that anyway to solve this? Dont ask me to drop the ENO column as i need it for coding purposes. Thanks.

GeneratedIgnore option? Sorry am really new to DB2, could ya guide me step by step into loading the data? Sorry for any incovenience caused.

db2 import from test.txt of del modified by generatedignore insert into test

you can change the table name and file name and use other options as required.

dollar

GeneratedIgnore option? Sorry am really new to DB2, could ya guide me step by step into loading the data? Sorry for any incovenience caused.

err, i mean how do u actually import it in and where do i type in that command u listed above?

I imagine you use windows so do this...
    open up command window....
    then type db2cmd and press enter...it will open up another window... then type db2 connect to dbname user username using password..this will connect you to the database
    then change to the directory where you have the .csv file
    then type the command I told you earlier and change the file name and table name in that command...

hope this helps

dollar

err, i mean how do u actually import it in and where do i type in that command u listed above?

hmm, i tried yur instructions and i got the following error message.

SQL3526N The modifier clause "GENERATEDIGNORE" is inconsistent with the current load options. Reason code :"3".

What does the above means?

can you send me the command you used as well as the error message along with sample data...

dollar

hmm, i tried yur instructions and i got the following error message.

SQL3526N The modifier clause "GENERATEDIGNORE" is inconsistent with the current load options. Reason code :"3".

What does the above means?