Unanswered: Oracle 9i installation

Hi,
    I am using as IBM machine P4-winXp Pro, 128 RAM. I am trying to install Oracle 9i Database release 2 (9.2.0.1.0). The installation starts fine but after selecting the destination directory. at 40% the installation stops and nothing happens for quite a long time (may be 15-20 mins). I have tried this on with same config machine running win2k. The same problem is observed.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks
    Anirudha

Re: Oracle 9i installation

Originally posted by gandhe100
    Hi,
    I am using as IBM machine P4-winXp Pro, 128 RAM. I am trying to install Oracle 9i Database release 2 (9.2.0.1.0). The installation starts fine but after selecting the destination directory. at 40% the installation stops and nothing happens for quite a long time (may be 15-20 mins). I have tried this on with same config machine running win2k. The same problem is observed.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks
    Anirudha
    Is there any activity? Oracle can take ages to install. Also, with only 128MB RAM your computer will buckle under the strain, quite honestly you'll need a lot more than that, some will argue, but i would say at least 512MB. It is not the pIV bug as that doesnt even allow the installation to kick off.
    rgs,

Ghostman