Provided Answers: 4

Post Unanswered: Disable output on screen/in log during stored procedure

A stored procedure I made produces a lot of output on the screen. Mostly resultsets and <# rows selected>-statements.
    I thought that <set nocount on> disabled those statements, but apparantly it doesn't.

Is there an other way to disable this output? I only want to see <# rows selected>-statements if I want to, it's way to much to have them all in my output-file.

<set nocount on> should run !

Re: Disable output on screen/in log during stored procedure

"set nocount on" will only disable the "No of rows affected" message, not the resultset from the Stored proc.
    In Sybase, there is no command to disable the output (i.e resultset) from a Stored proc or Select statement.
    If you are running your job on a UNIX/Linux box, then you can use shell scripting to block/filter the resultset output from the SP.

Originally posted by Martijnvs
    A stored procedure I made produces a lot of output on the screen. Mostly resultsets and <# rows selected>-statements.
    I thought that <set nocount on> disabled those statements, but apparantly it doesn't.

Is there an other way to disable this output? I only want to see <# rows selected>-statements if I want to, it's way to much to have them all in my output-file.

Provided Answers: 4
    After many trial-and-error-thingies, I noticed my little mistake.
    I used <select column from table> instead of <select @variable = column from table>
    This way the resultsets are not shown.

I also went through all set nocounts-statements to check if they were on the right place.
    After all these things it worked the way I wanted it to .

Thanks for the help!