Unanswered: Object Variables - Forms

Could somone help me understand form object variables? I am having difficulty using them. I have declared my obj var like:

Dim frmFormName as New Form_sfrmName <--subform being used here

I do this in the form module where the but when I try to reference it I get a message saying that it's not set. I don't understand why it's not set when I have declared the object and assigned the var to that form. I am using a sub form which is on my main form. I am trying to check controls on the subform.

Am I declaring my object variable incorrectly? Can someone explain to me the scope of my object variable and also if there is anything I need to know about using subforms with obj vars?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Object Variables - Forms

Originally posted by waderw24
    Could somone help me understand form object variables? I am having difficulty using them. I have declared my obj var like:

Dim frmFormName as New Form_sfrmName <--subform being used here

I do this in the form module where the but when I try to reference it I get a message saying that it's not set. I don't understand why it's not set when I have declared the object and assigned the var to that form. I am using a sub form which is on my main form. I am trying to check controls on the subform.

Am I declaring my object variable incorrectly? Can someone explain to me the scope of my object variable and also if there is anything I need to know about using subforms with obj vars?

Thanks in advance!
    For make a reference to a subform you need the path complete try with this:

Forms![MainForm]![frmFormName]
    I am not sure of this way.......
    Saludos
    Norberto

Hmmmmm.....

Try this:

Dim frmFormName As SubForm
    Set frmFormName = "mySubFormName"

I just ended up declaring a global var

Global frmName as Form

and then setting it equal to the form.

Set frmName as New frmForm

Now it's global and has scope throughout the project.

Thanks!