Angry Unanswered: Please Help! Linked FoxPro Table and ODBC errors...

I built a form(AddNewItem-Correct) on a query(AddNewItem) that contains a couple Access tables and an entire linked FoxPro table. The form is to add records to the foxpro(inventry) table bassed on information in the access tables. I have a control that builds a query string in VBA and then uses the docmd.runsql using the query string.

Here is the thing... If I replace the FoxPro table with an access table the entire things works swimmingly!! If I link and use the FoxPro table it gives me a syntax error in update query, then if I run the same control again it says it can't update the record because of a Key violation, although it creates the record and fills a couple fields. THEN! if you run it a 3rd time it works perfectly... It's the exact same query string each time. The table in question is called inventry and it is the one I am trying to populate. The Items that are NOT in inventry that I am currently working with are GGSS02* and GGSS03* Feel free to delete them from the inventry table and run the button on the AddNewItem form using these strings as parameters. Any and all feedback and help is Greatly appreciated.

The form is AddNewItem-Correct This is the one that works perfectly with an access table. Does EXACTLY what I need to do... however, it flips as described when I replace the table with a linked foxpro table :-\

I'm sure there are some questions I could answer that would help resolve this, so Please ask away!

Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated. I need to get this running by monday we have over 2k Items to put into the DB and this is going to be the tool to do it! (I hope)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by PainGypsy; 02-07-04 at 00:16.

Unhappy Re: Please Help! Linked FoxPro Table and ODBC errors...

Please Help!

Re: Please Help! Linked FoxPro Table and ODBC errors...

Pretty Please?!?! I'm Dyin ova hea!

Red face At least

Could some one please tell me at least what I should say differently to get help? In the past I at least got a person or two just tossing some ideas my way. Even if they didn't fully understand what I was asking. Someone please at least say I'm an idiot and need to quit programming all together or something. *sigh* I could really use a solution to this and I'm sure it is a simple one that I just have not run into as of yet.

Please help.....