Unhappy Unanswered: Begging for Help! Please help me! PLEASE!

I have asked for help a few times here and in the past have gotten at least some suggestions. Please view this thread: http://www.dbforums.com/t982072.html and give me a hand. I'm begging you! I really am stumped and have been searching all over the inter net and books and all kinds of places...

... Please... :-(

Please try other forums , e.g.

board.quicktechusa.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=1

The last post in that was Jan 25 :-\ Not exactly a lively forum, but THANK YOU, I will try it. I need some help from SOMEONE!

Just tried it and I can't even sign up... CGI error and won't create a new user....... Some one please just help me....
    Last edited by PainGypsy; 02-08-04 at 11:04.

Just know nothing about foxpro, but I'd try the following: run the sql (the insert statement) directly on the foxpro db and then run it from an otherwise empty access mdb a) as a query, b) from code.
    See what happens and good luck.

The only thing I can think of is to maybe not link with the foxpro table ... BTW, what version of FoxPro is this? Pre- or Post- microsoft? What I'd do is look at trying to do your stuff thru ODBC using the appropriate foxpro driver thru an ADO connection ...

Talking

Thanks for the responses!

Here is where I am at. I have up to date Microsft FoxPro ODBC drivers. If I do ANY INSERT INTO for a new record, it gives me a Key Violation. I am not using an ADO connection, just running a query with docmd.runsql

I have the functionality, but it is with a work arround. Instead of creating the entire record I am simply inserting the key field... saying Yes to the Key Violation Error and it is creating the record, then the next query is the rest of the record. It works... but it is HACK!

When you ask what version of FoxPro I guess you mean the tables... I'm not sure on them... I will look into it. Thank you for mentioning the version of foxpro, that sparks some questions I need to answer. If it is an old version of foxpro, preMS, Is there different syntax I need to use or a different ODBC driver or what? Maybe I could try that if I can't figure out what version it is.

I DEEPLY appreciate the responses!!

THANKS $#!+ Loads!

That sounds like an odbc problem. Is the id field auto-increment? If yes, take a look at the docs for the driver if that is supported.

Originally posted by PainGypsy
    Thanks for the responses!

Here is where I am at. I have up to date Microsft FoxPro ODBC drivers. If I do ANY INSERT INTO for a new record, it gives me a Key Violation. I am not using an ADO connection, just running a query with docmd.runsql

I have the functionality, but it is with a work arround. Instead of creating the entire record I am simply inserting the key field... saying Yes to the Key Violation Error and it is creating the record, then the next query is the rest of the record. It works... but it is HACK!

When you ask what version of FoxPro I guess you mean the tables... I'm not sure on them... I will look into it. Thank you for mentioning the version of foxpro, that sparks some questions I need to answer. If it is an old version of foxpro, preMS, Is there different syntax I need to use or a different ODBC driver or what? Maybe I could try that if I can't figure out what version it is.

I DEEPLY appreciate the responses!!

THANKS $#!+ Loads!
    You bring up a couple of points ... What is the layout of the foxpro table? You say a key value ... What type is it? Can you post a table layout of this table? Something to keep in mind: VERSIONS make a difference ... Some types are supported or not. Some versions may or may not be supported even thru ODBC ...