Thread: Odbc Error

Question Unanswered: Odbc Error

I am using Access 2000 and RBase 6.5++.
    I have a System DSN setup with the name "Rbase - JobInfo" to a networked file called JobInfo.Rb1, which is the RBase data file.
    I selected the LOGID field in the machine_backlog table to be the unique identifier when setitng up the linked table in Access and this field is also indexed in the RBase database.

I have a linked table that uses a ODBC connection to a RBase table. I am trying to delete records from this table with a query in my access application. I can delete records one by one but when I try to use the query to delete multiple records I receive the following error message.

Run-time error '3156';
    ODBC -- delete on a linked table 'machine_backlog' failed.
    [RBTI][R:BASE ODBC Driver][Rbase - JobInfo]-ERROR-Wrong number of parameters. (2676)(#2676)

This is a real puzzler for me about this is that I have simulated the exact same setup on my home network and I do not receive this error. It works fine!??!

If anyone has had any dealings with this type situation I would appreciate any help!! Thanks in advance!

Re: Odbc Error

I have never dealt with Rbase but are you sure you that the dsn name
    [RBTI][R:BASE ODBC Driver][Rbase - JobInfo] is okay to use instead of [RBTI][R:BASE ODBC Driver][RbaseJobInfo]? Maybe joining RbaseJobInfo may help you. Not really sure but you may want to check your syntax on the machine that is error free and see how you have it there.

Hope this helps.

ODBC

The DSN is "Rbase - JobInfo" on both computers.

ODBC

Every time that I get this error one record has been deleted. It is almost like it is timing out. Although this is happening with the data located on a
    local computer and with the data located on a network server. I am also
    having very long run times when trying to using findfirst. Any suggestions are welcome.