Unanswered: Back Up of tables

How do I take backup of 2 tables present in the database out of 110 tables.What are the steps to be followed for that.?After taking the backup if I wish to restore the table and the data in another database present in the remote location how do i do that???

use the export utility to backup the two tables!! check out the documentation on otn.

To restore the tables you can use the import utility.

Re: Back Up of tables

Originally posted by arunava
    How do I take backup of 2 tables present in the database out of 110 tables.What are the steps to be followed for that.?After taking the backup if I wish to restore the table and the data in another database present in the remote location how do i do that???

The simpler way to do it is to use export utility to export to tables into binary file. After exporting, you can take backup of binary file.

Re: Back Up of tables

Originally posted by nsarbeswar
    The simpler way to do it is to use export utility to export to tables into binary file. After exporting, you can take backup of binary file.

The fact is that these 2 tables are generated dynamically evry night.it is of the format
    <table name >dd_mm_yyyy.so how do i specify dynamically which two tables I want to take back up of?

Provided Answers: 4
    I have access to 3 different Oracle databases:

Oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0) allows using wildcards when specifying which tables to export. I tried it on my database, and something like
    PHP Code:
    exp username/password@database tables=(%something%) file=name.dmp 
    worked just fine.

Oracle 7.1.5.2.3 doesn't support wildcards, nor 8.1.5.0.0.