Unanswered: Paramaterized qry asking 2 times for the param value!!

I have the following qry :

SELECT InvoiceDate, InvoiceAmount, Person, Deal, Detail.Reference, IndustryCode, InvoiceNum, CheckNum
    FROM Detail
    WHERE (((Person) Like ["enter Person Name"]) AND ((CheckNum) Like ["enter Check No"]))
    ORDER BY Detail.InvoiceNum;

This used to work, but now prompts me 2 times for Each [] parmater. I tried Deleting the paramaters in the Qry Paramater box, and I also tried with out the " " in the []. but no matter what I try ,,, i get prompted 2 times for each paramater (4 times in all).

Thnks

M~

Re: Paramaterized qry asking 2 times for the param value!!

Try rebuilding the query from the bottom up in design view;
    i have a hunch its got something to with ur table itself, which might have changed since the last time; try something other than a like function, use = ""

Just created your table with the info provided and copy-paste the SQL into a new query SQL pane, only got asked once. If Detail is a table, and not another parameterized query, you may have the standard Access corruption which requires you to create a new database and import all objects.
    All code ADO/ADOX unless otherwise specified.
    Mike.

I copied the sql, Renamed the qry appending old to the name and then created a new qry pasting the sql renaming it as the original name and all is well.

tnks Guys~!

M~