Thread: Vb References

Unanswered: Vb References

Is there any way of using Visual Basic references from office 2000 e.g Outlook Reference in Access 97?

Not sure what you mean but you are able to call on the Outlook Object library to add functionality to your database.

In the code environment select Tools>References and scroll down the list until you find : Microsoft Outlook **.* Object Library

** Version number of Outlook you have installed.

Paul

Re: Vb References

Originally posted by 00304367
    Is there any way of using Visual Basic references from office 2000 e.g Outlook Reference in Access 97?
    Yes... At work we have all of Office 2000 except for Access... That is still 97... and I do a lot of automation with Excel and Outlook... so I have to do this all the time...

If Office 2000 is installed on the pc, you should be able to choose the Outlook 9.0 Object Library and/or Office 9.0 Object Library from the references list...

HTH

Smile Re: Vb References

Originally posted by 00304367
    If you should need to change your references depending upon which computer your database is currently installed on, I believe you can also use the references collection of the application object and do it through code. I personally have not had the pleasure of actually doing this but instead have only read about it.

I have several machines that differ from the development machine and each time I move things around I find broken references. I have just learned to live with manually resetting the proper references.

Probably not much help but I just wanted to let you know that the option was out there.

Gregg

auto-check and auto-set references from code

this is a problem that has annoyed me forever!
    have a look at the ZIP in
    http://www.dbforums.com/t981987.html
    ...a first-pass attempt at checking references, and if not found, scanning the disk for the .DLL .OLB .whatever and setting the reference.

if you find any improvements to this simple scheme - let me know.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2