I did notice that I do have several files in my /tmp directory begin by:

Size Date file
    7076745 Feb 9 15:55 ONSTAT_DEADLOCK.15805.0
    7076380 Feb 9 15:55 ONSTAT_DEADLOCK.15805.1
    7075779 Feb 9 15:56 ONSTAT_DEADLOCK.15805.2
    7076680 Feb 9 15:56 ONSTAT_DEADLOCK.15805.3
    7076975 Feb 9 15:56 ONSTAT_DEADLOCK.15805.4

That file looks like a dump of onstat.

Is anyone have an idea how those file are created an if there is anything I should do with it?

If onstat generat a deadlock, how can I know if there is not damaged done to the database?

Is there anything I have to do? If I am deleting those files is that can create some problems? And before deleting those files, what is the meaning of it?

Re: ONSTAT_DEADLOCK file

I did post that question over a month ago.

Am I the only one that have that kind of question?

Did my question wasn't clear?

Or there is no body else than me that have that problem?

Is my question is that complicated?

Or it is that simple for the gurus that nobody took the time to answer it.

Is anyone out there that can give me some advice to solve that problem?

I will highly appreciate all comment.

A desperate guy

Originally posted by stjacqd
    Hello gurus

I did notice that I do have several files in my /tmp directory begin by:

Size Date file
    7076745 Feb 9 15:55 ONSTAT_DEADLOCK.15805.0
    7076380 Feb 9 15:55 ONSTAT_DEADLOCK.15805.1
    7075779 Feb 9 15:56 ONSTAT_DEADLOCK.15805.2
    7076680 Feb 9 15:56 ONSTAT_DEADLOCK.15805.3
    7076975 Feb 9 15:56 ONSTAT_DEADLOCK.15805.4

That file looks like a dump of onstat.

Is anyone have an idea how those file are created an if there is anything I should do with it?

If onstat generat a deadlock, how can I know if there is not damaged done to the database?

Is there anything I have to do? If I am deleting those files is that can create some problems? And before deleting those files, what is the meaning of it?

Sory for the late answer but here some insight (I hope):

I don't know exactly how these are generated but I think they are created with some monitoring/debug feature, like your sysalarmprogram or a script someone has written. The format looks a lot like the assert failure files of informix (af7346732.0 for example).
    Sorry that I can't tell this at this time (I have no machine available at home to check the evidence.sh script for this)

Just let me continue answering your other questions:

Informix cannot have deadlock. Within the engine this is detected with an internal algorytm, between engines this is handled with a deadlock timeout. So no harm doen to your database.

Deleting it can do no harm. However it would be interesting to know where it is coming from.

Sorry that I couldn't answer all your questions,

Rob Prop

Thank you RobP for your answer

At least, I do have something to work with now.

Originally posted by RobP
    Sory for the late answer but here some insight (I hope):

I don't know exactly how these are generated but I think they are created with some monitoring/debug feature, like your sysalarmprogram or a script someone has written. The format looks a lot like the assert failure files of informix (af7346732.0 for example).
    Sorry that I can't tell this at this time (I have no machine available at home to check the evidence.sh script for this)

Just let me continue answering your other questions:

Informix cannot have deadlock. Within the engine this is detected with an internal algorytm, between engines this is handled with a deadlock timeout. So no harm doen to your database.

Deleting it can do no harm. However it would be interesting to know where it is coming from.

Sorry that I couldn't answer all your questions,

Rob Prop