Unanswered: too many feilds defined

hi, Im trying to export data in an access table to excel. Im using doCmd.transferspreadsheet and its giving me the error "Too many feilds defined".

My table has 117 feilds in it but only contains 1 record. It is created on the fly by pulling data from a number of different tables for the purpose of doing the export to excel. If in my doCmd.transferSpreadsheet command I dont specify a range it works fine and the data is transfered to a sheet with the same name as my table. But I will need to put more data below this, so I need to be able to export to a specific range.

my command so far looks like this:
    DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel8, "tempConcise", pathVariable, , "Data!A1:DN2"

note DN2 is the excel cell that then last feild gets written to when I dont specify a range

any ideas why its throwing the "Too many feilds defined" error
    Last edited by dav_evans; 02-10-04 at 00:08.

Smile Re: too many feilds defined

Originally posted by dav_evans
    hi, Im trying to export data in an access table to excel. Im using doCmd.transferspreadsheet and its giving me the error "Too many feilds defined".

My table has 117 feilds in it but only contains 1 record. It is created on the fly by pulling data from a number of different tables for the purpose of doing the export to excel. If in my doCmd.transferSpreadsheet command I dont specify a range it works fine and the data is transfered to a sheet with the same name as my table. But I will need to put more data below this, so I need to be able to export to a specific range.

my command so far looks like this:
    DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel8, "tempConcise", pathVariable, , "Data!A1N2"

note DN2 is the excel cell that then last feild gets written to when I dont specify a range

any ideas why its throwing the "Too many feilds defined" error
    Have you tried specifiying a larger range than you need? Maybe give it a little room for unforseen circumstances.

Just something I might try if it were me.

Gregg

Hi Gregg,
    yeah I tried that. I gave it extra room well past DN and i still throws the error. When I was testing it I reduced my query to only output 4 feilds, and made the range "Data!A12" and it gave me the same error again.