Unanswered: trouble with Resultset

respected sir,

plz tell me about the way to use resultset...
    Tell me,how to use resultset in jsp and oracle while displaying some report..
    that is if the resultset contails 25 records, i need to display the first five in one page and it must contain a link called next to view the rest five records and so on..
    the last page must have link called previous.

so tell me ,how can i traverse back and forth in the result set to display the records available in it.

thank u,
    s.kokila

Re: trouble with Resultset

Originally posted by kokilas
    respected sir,

plz tell me about the way to use resultset...
    Tell me,how to use resultset in jsp and oracle while displaying some report..
    that is if the resultset contails 25 records, i need to display the first five in one page and it must contain a link called next to view the rest five records and so on..
    the last page must have link called previous.

so tell me ,how can i traverse back and forth in the result set to display the records available in it.

thank u,
    s.kokila
    You have many choice to make this.
    First of all, is to use a scrollable resultset, which depends on your database (since oracle 9 for eg) http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/...ResultSet.html

Or you can make an object in which you put results of your resultset, an ArrayList which you can reload with the others records

Or you can limit your select with rownum and incerment it everytime you click on your link.