Thread: Import tool

Unanswered: Import tool

Hello

My production database makes an export (for a related schema) operation every day at night . So I get this .DMP files in a directory with a size of 600 Mb each one.
    I also have a second database for tests and development that is suppose to be a real representation of the production database. So, i need periodically to update my second database (db tests) with recent data added to the prod DB. I do this by making an import ,week by week, of the last recent .DMP imported from the prod DB.
    I've consulted the documentation about the import tool, and this is the commad I use to make this operation:

imp sys/pass@inaor parfile=C:\param.txt

and my param.txt is:

file=mydb.DMP
    full=y
    grants=n
    ignore=y
    rows = y

Every time i run this, the process takes too much long. The output console (dos command) shows every constraint violated for each row that was already in the DB test. I quit to make a log file because this file becomes extremly long with this kind of messages. My update is just a few lines per week, but my only alternative is to import the all schema .DMP file.

I wonder know if there is another option for the imp tool not to display all that unwanted constraints messages in the console while making the imports.

Thanks.

Re: Import tool

Originally posted by Jonas Charles
    Hello

My production database makes an export (for a related schema) operation every day at night . So I get this .DMP files in a directory with a size of 600 Mb each one.
    I also have a second database for tests and development that is suppose to be a real representation of the production database. So, i need periodically to update my second database (db tests) with recent data added to the prod DB. I do this by making an import ,week by week, of the last recent .DMP imported from the prod DB.
    I've consulted the documentation about the import tool, and this is the commad I use to make this operation:

imp sys/pass@inaor parfile=C:\param.txt

and my param.txt is:

file=mydb.DMP
    full=y
    grants=n
    ignore=y
    rows = y

Every time i run this, the process takes too much long. The output console (dos command) shows every constraint violated for each row that was already in the DB test. I quit to make a log file because this file becomes extremly long with this kind of messages. My update is just a few lines per week, but my only alternative is to import the all schema .DMP file.

I wonder know if there is another option for the imp tool not to display all that unwanted constraints messages in the console while making the imports.

Thanks.
    Try direct=Y

The problem is that DIRECT=Y is an export parameter option, and i really don't produce the .DMP file, i just receive it from a source.
    Anyway , i've readed about this direct=y option and it seems to be a good way to override this problem.
    Thanks.

Direct Path Direct path exports (DIRECT=Y) allow the export utility to skip the SQL evaluation buffer, whereas the conventional path export executes SQL SELECT statements. With direct path, the data is read from disk into the buffer cache, returning rows directly to the export client. This can offer substantial performance gains, depending on the actual data. When using the direct path, the recordlength parameter should also be used to optimize performance.

Re: Import tool

Well , i've just saw the export parameters and includes this options

FULL=y
    CONSISTENT=Y
    BUFFER=200000
    COMPRESS=y
    DIRECT=y

So , the direct option is already included in the exp command and thereford doesn't not help me to avoid the constraints violated messages of appearing in the console.
    Is any other way for getting a clean import without such outputs? Does this checks delay the import operation time?