Unanswered: How do you add fields to a form

I have made a form (used the wiz in fact) and have found I need to add a field from the table that it is based that I forgot to add initially. Surely I dont need to recreate form from scratch.

This is to say, when I look at the field list designing the form, the field I want is not there......

You can add controls to the form by using the toolbar icon that looks like a hammer and wrench (toolbox). Then select the "ab" symbol for adding a text box.

You could also use the little button that looks like a page with a list on it. The "fieldlist" will appear, displaying all of the fields available for you form. Find the new field and drag it on to the form. If you can't find the field on the field list, then it is not available.

What is the record source for the form?
    If the recordsource for the form is a table - then you must add the new field to the table first. If the recordsource for the form is a query, then you must edit the query to include this new field in the table.

Make sence?
    Last edited by jpshay; 02-10-04 at 11:09.
    John
    This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.

[QUOTE]then you must edit the query to include this new field in the tableQUOTE]

Yes, it seems that field is not available to me. I can't find the query in the form to be able to edit it though :/

Do you know how to look at the properties of the form? See help: type "property of a form" in the answer wizard and then select "set a property in design view"

Look at the record source property under the data tab. If it is a table name, then you must go to the table and add the field to the table. If the record source is not just a table name, then edit the record source to add the field. This can be done by clicking on that record source property, and then clicking on the design button to the right of that property (the button with a row of three dots). This will allow you to add the field to the query.
    John
    This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.

doh!

I didnt think to look in form properties, of course the select query is there, lol.

ty