Unanswered: Parameter query problem

Hello,

When I go into the design view of a parameter query, and I scroll to the right with the scroll bar it stops at a certain point. Then I scroll back to the left and the parameters I put into the Criteria field disappear. But if I click the check in show box off and then click it back on then the parameters reappear.

I am just wondering if anyone knows how to fix this without having to reinstall.

Re: Parameter query problem

Originally posted by mar6
    Hello,

When I go into the design view of a parameter query, and I scroll to the right with the scroll bar it stops at a certain point. Then I scroll back to the left and the parameters I put into the Criteria field disappear. But if I click the check in show box off and then click it back on then the parameters reappear.

I am just wondering if anyone knows how to fix this without having to reinstall.
    Well, this one's got me stumped...

Let's see here... What kind of query is it (ie... a Select, Update, Make table, Append or Delete)? ... Are you doing any grouping (ie... is it a Totals query)?

Originally posted by Trudi
    Well, this one's got me stumped...

Let's see here... What kind of query is it (ie... a Select, Update, Make table, Append or Delete)? ... Are you doing any grouping (ie... is it a Totals query)?
    My knowledge of query types is limited? I thought maybe it is called a parameter query. I am not sure if I am grouping but if you run the query it prompts you for certain information like semester and it will pull the data for that semester. Again I am sorry for my limited knowledge but I hope the information I have given you helps. This problem has got me stumped also. I have tried doing a repair on the database but to no avail.

My knowledge of query types is limited? I thought maybe it is called a parameter query. I am not sure if I am grouping but if you run the query it prompts you for certain information like semester and it will pull the data for that semester. Again I am sorry for my limited knowledge but I hope the information I have given you helps. This problem has got me stumped also. I have tried doing a repair on the database but to no avail.
    No Probem...
    Is it possible for you to copy/paste the query's SQL and post it here?

Originally posted by Trudi
    No Probem...
    Is it possible for you to copy/paste the query's SQL and post it here?
    Here is a sample:
    SELECT [tbl-Courses].Semester, [tbl-Courses].Year, [tbl-Courses].Type, [tbl-Courses].[CollegeFor$], [tbl-Courses].[DeptFor$], [tbl-Courses].Course, [tbl-Courses].CrossList, [tbl-Courses].[CRN#], [tbl-Courses].InstrLastName, [tbl-StudentCoursesInfo].StudentID, [tbl-StudentCoursesInfo].Withdraw, [tbl-StudentCoursesInfo].RegCredits, [tbl-Courses].CourseCredits
    FROM [tbl-Courses] INNER JOIN [tbl-StudentCoursesInfo] ON [tbl-Courses].CourseID = [tbl-StudentCoursesInfo].CourseID
    WHERE ((([tbl-Courses].Semester)=[Which Semester? (Example: Fall)]) AND (([tbl-Courses].Year)=[Which Year? (Example: 2003)]) AND (([tbl-Courses].CancelStatus) Is Null))
    ORDER BY [tbl-Courses].Type, [tbl-Courses].[CollegeFor$], [tbl-Courses].[DeptFor$], [tbl-Courses].Course;

Here is a sample:
    SELECT [tbl-Courses].Semester, [tbl-Courses].Year, [tbl-Courses].Type, [tbl-Courses].[CollegeFor$], [tbl-Courses].[DeptFor$], [tbl-Courses].Course, [tbl-Courses].CrossList, [tbl-Courses].[CRN#], [tbl-Courses].InstrLastName, [tbl-StudentCoursesInfo].StudentID, [tbl-StudentCoursesInfo].Withdraw, [tbl-StudentCoursesInfo].RegCredits, [tbl-Courses].CourseCredits
    FROM [tbl-Courses] INNER JOIN [tbl-StudentCoursesInfo] ON [tbl-Courses].CourseID = [tbl-StudentCoursesInfo].CourseID
    WHERE ((([tbl-Courses].Semester)=[Which Semester? (Example: Fall)]) AND (([tbl-Courses].Year)=[Which Year? (Example: 2003)]) AND (([tbl-Courses].CancelStatus) Is Null))
    ORDER BY [tbl-Courses].Type, [tbl-Courses].[CollegeFor$], [tbl-Courses].[DeptFor$], [tbl-Courses].Course;

Here is a sample:
    Hmmm... Can't see anything wrong with this query... Maybe there's some corruption going on in your database... First thing I'd try is importing everything into a new database and doing a compact and repair....