Exclamation Unanswered: Pls Help-2000 Replication

How do I know whether the record in a row was insert,update and delete that replicated to a subscriber?
    Is there a flag or an indicator in msmerge_contents,msmerge_tombstone ,msmerge_genhistory tables or any other msdb/replication system tables?

Re: Pls Help-2000 Replication

You would have to catch the commands before they got deleted out of Distribution database with the system stored procedure called sp_browsereplcmds. Or you can stop the distribution clean up job temporarily to track it down. The system stored procedure can only be executed in the Distribution database. You have to look for the Commands column and see what execute the command, sp_MSDel_, sp_MSIns_, or sp_MSUpd_.

Hi Joej,

Is there a table that specifically store the flag a changes occured in Subscriber or Publisher database? If I stop the distribution clean up job, which tables can I refer to?
    Thanks

Originally posted by joejcheng
    You would have to catch the commands before they got deleted out of Distribution database with the system stored procedure called sp_browsereplcmds. Or you can stop the distribution clean up job temporarily to track it down. The system stored procedure can only be executed in the Distribution database. You have to look for the Commands column and see what execute the command, sp_MSDel_, sp_MSIns_, or sp_MSUpd_.

Sory I left out a sentence. Let say, just to know whether the records in MSMERGE_CONTENTS and MSMERGE_TOMBSTONE has been send over to replicate on Publisher or Subscriber.

Thanks again!

Originally posted by eshl
    Hi Joej,

Is there a table that specifically store the flag a changes occured in Subscriber or Publisher database? If I stop the distribution clean up job, which tables can I refer to?
    Thanks

msrepl_commnads and msrepl_transactions.

I just tried to insert,update and delete, and I stop the Agent that clean the distribution database. I couldnt find any record in msrepl_commands and msrepl_transactions.

Originally posted by joejcheng
    msrepl_commnads and msrepl_transactions.

back to this issue, I could find the history record that stored the latest record that was merged in th publisher and subscriber. By using this, I will be able to know which record was generated and which wasnt. This is helpful in determining the records that was replicated or not yet.
    I m looking into modifying the replication engine,MSSQL replication engine is flexible.

Originally posted by eshl
    I just tried to insert,update and delete, and I stop the Agent that clean the distribution database. I couldnt find any record in msrepl_commands and msrepl_transactions.