Unanswered: Is there an easier way???

I have two tables. One that captures all the inbound phone calls and the other captures all outbound calls. Each table has a column that holds account, date, start time and duration. The Outbound call table includes all out dials both local and long distance along with all faxes that are local and long distance as well. I have separated the entire local and long distance calls in the table as well as separated out all the local and long distance faxes. I totals for Incoming calls, outbound toll faxing, outbound local faxing, outbound local calls and outbound toll calls. What I have been doing with these totals is once the query has totaled say all the calls for outbound toll faxing I think create a table with this. I then run a query against a table that I call current month and the table that is holding the totals for the accounts for outbound toll faxing. Because the account is the primary in both tables when I run this query I am then able to just right mouse click on the totals and copy them into the column for current month. My question is there an easier way to do this without having to make a table and run a query that I then have to copy the column. Is there away that based on the query where I total that I can append the table current month but only append one column at a time. In other words the first query I run puts in the account # to be billed for the month and the plan that the customer is being billed for, the next query would only match the accounts in the table with and then the total for Incoming calls, and then next one would do the same as Incoming

So for example the table would like this on the first pass
    Acct plan Inbound calls Outbound Toll Faxing
    3002 rate1

Second query would do this:
    3002 rate1 20.9

Third query would add this
    3002 rate1 20.9 10.1

Any thoughts or suggestions for this would help me in creating this billing program that I am doing to make my life easier would be great. Thanks.

CAT

Re: Is there an easier way???

Originally posted by carley465
    I have two tables. One that captures all the inbound phone calls and the other captures all outbound calls. Each table has a column that holds account, date, start time and duration. The Outbound call table includes all out dials both local and long distance along with all faxes that are local and long distance as well. I have separated the entire local and long distance calls in the table as well as separated out all the local and long distance faxes. I totals for Incoming calls, outbound toll faxing, outbound local faxing, outbound local calls and outbound toll calls. What I have been doing with these totals is once the query has totaled say all the calls for outbound toll faxing I think create a table with this. I then run a query against a table that I call current month and the table that is holding the totals for the accounts for outbound toll faxing. Because the account is the primary in both tables when I run this query I am then able to just right mouse click on the totals and copy them into the column for current month. My question is there an easier way to do this without having to make a table and run a query that I then have to copy the column. Is there away that based on the query where I total that I can append the table current month but only append one column at a time. In other words the first query I run puts in the account # to be billed for the month and the plan that the customer is being billed for, the next query would only match the accounts in the table with and then the total for Incoming calls, and then next one would do the same as Incoming

So for example the table would like this on the first pass
    3002 rate1

Second query would do this:
    3002 rate1 20.9

Third query would add this
    3002 rate1 20.9 10.1

Any thoughts or suggestions for this would help me in creating this billing program that I am doing to make my life easier would be great. Thanks.

CAT
    I am not an expert, but maybe you could use an parameter query. This allows you to pick an choose what data you need. From one query.

The parameter query won't work because the data is coming from a table and to do a whole month of typing in parameter would be way more time consuming then what I am doing now...But thanks for the thought.

CAT