Post Unanswered: Any Toad like data acess, maintenance utility for DB2?

I am new to the DB2 world and am looking for an utility like Toad (by Quest for Oracle) that will enable me to do some basic DBA administrative and maintenance stuff as well as look into the Data, apply filters, check indexes and give the option to run and edit my sql, find explain plans.
    I have checked out Quest Central but its interface for data access is not as easy and does not have filters etc) Currently i am using that but manually editing the SQL. Software like Embarcadero's dbArtisan won't cut it since I am looking for more data manipulation activities and less performance/monitoring utilities.

Thanks
    Ranjith

try quest central from quest, same as like toad, let me know if any

Lekharaju Ennam

Re: Any Toad like data acess, maintenance utility for DB2?

I use WinSQL quiet a bit for SQLs ...

Administration , as the previous memeber suggested, Quest Central is good , or if you want the free option, go for Control Centre ..

But for Expalins, I think you will have to rely on the IBM tools , Control and Command Centres if you want to look at them graphically ...

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Re: Any Toad like data acess, maintenance utility for DB2?

Actually Quest Central also shows exlains in nice format with more detailed explanation.

dollar

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    I use WinSQL quiet a bit for SQLs ...

Administration , as the previous memeber suggested, Quest Central is good , or if you want the free option, go for Control Centre ..

But for Expalins, I think you will have to rely on the IBM tools , Control and Command Centres if you want to look at them graphically ...

Cheers
    Sathyaram