Question Unanswered: Many-To-Many Forms

I'm working on a conference database with a many-to-many relationship between Seminar and Speaker tables, with a junction table in between. Some speakers teach more than one seminar, and some seminars have more than one speaker (like a panel discussion).

Right now I have a Speaker form with two subforms: a Seminar subform, and also a Junction Table Subform.

I typically enter a speaker and their workshop at the same time. So I enter the speaker's name and address info first. Then I go to enter the Seminar title and when I start typing the name I get an error message "Field Can Not be Updated" Then I click OK, and then it allows me to continue typing in the field. Then I have to find the Seminar ID (which has been assigned by AutoNumber) and go type it in the Junction Table subform. If I forget this step, the Seminar record is not successfully linked to the Speaker's record.

I'm looking for a more efficient way to setup the form. Can that Junction table automatically update itself, pulling the data from the Speaker and Seminars forms?

I tried combining the Seminar and Junction subforms into one, but now the Junction table fields still don't automacially fill themselves, and I get error messages when I try to type them manually.

PLEASE HELP. Do you have any suggestions?

I'm an amateur self-taught Access designer, so please be specific in your response. THANKS SO MUCH. I've been trying to figure this out for weeks.

I am assuming that you have a list of speakers already and few are added as time goes by. Input the speakers first into a form. Then go to a seminar form and input the latest seminar and have a junction subform that will let you list the speakers for that seminar which is pulled up from the Speakers table.

Many-To-Many?

Right now I have the Speaker Form with two subtables: Juction and Seminars. Are you suggesting I make Juction a Sub-Sub-Form inside the Seminars SubForm? If I did this, would I still have to manually Enter the Speaker ID, or would it automatically draw both pieces of data SpeakerID and SeminarID)?

Originally posted by jmrSudbury
    I am assuming that you have a list of speakers already and few are added as time goes by. Input the speakers first into a form. Then go to a seminar form and input the latest seminar and have a junction subform that will let you list the speakers for that seminar which is pulled up from the Speakers table.

Create a form to be used to input and browse speakers
    Create a form called Junctions that will be used as a sub form
    Create a form called Seminars
    put the Juction form onto the Seminars form

When you enter a seminar, add a speaker to the Junction form, so it is recorded who spoke at that seminar

You have to manually put data into each table