Unanswered: Create Database Permissions

I've been through this about a thousand times with DB2, and I eeventually get the problem solved but always forget the solution!!! Here's the deal:

Have a new developer. He installed DB2 v8 on his machine. He was logged into the network as himself. He does have local admin rights. When he tries to create a new database, he gets the "you don't have the right" error...

If he is a local admin, shouldn't that give him the proper permissions? ANY insight would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks!
    Anthony Robinson

"If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor here. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So, pretty please - with sugar on top..."

Re: Create Database Permissions

db2 "GET AUTHORIZATIONS"

This should show you the admin privileges the user has. If he has proper permissions it should be set to Direct CREATETAB = YES.

In the event he doesn't have permissions - which is more than likely the case - what's the syntax to grant those permissions?
    Anthony Robinson

"If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor here. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So, pretty please - with sugar on top..."

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Create Database Permissions

Originally posted by ansonee
    I've been through this about a thousand times with DB2, and I eeventually get the problem solved but always forget the solution!!! Here's the deal:

Have a new developer. He installed DB2 v8 on his machine. He was logged into the network as himself. He does have local admin rights. When he tries to create a new database, he gets the "you don't have the right" error...

If he is a local admin, shouldn't that give him the proper permissions? ANY insight would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks!
    By default DB2 uses the domain's "Administrators" group, not the local one. To make it check for authorization locally use:

db2set DB2_GRP_LOOKUP=local

How do you change or set the authorizations for a local user? The user essentially doesn't have any permissions to create anything....

He needs CREATEDB - DBADM ideally. I've tried every combination of GRANT and nothing seems to work.

Thanks!
    Last edited by ansonee; 02-12-04 at 17:04.
    Anthony Robinson