Unanswered: SmartDBA or DBArtisan

I could use some input from anyone who has used both BMC's SmartDBA product and Embarcadero's DBArtisan for database management. We are currently doing an analysis of these products but unfortunately, I have only used DBArtisan and I am afraid I am not giving SmartDBA a fair shot. We are running multiple databases on Sybase, DB2 UDB and MS SQL Server platforms. Any input would help me in our decision and would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Dogboy

Re: SmartDBA or DBArtisan

sorry for complicating things but have you tried using Quest Central for databases?

dollar

Originally posted by dogboy11
    I could use some input from anyone who has used both BMC's SmartDBA product and Embarcadero's DBArtisan for database management. We are currently doing an analysis of these products but unfortunately, I have only used DBArtisan and I am afraid I am not giving SmartDBA a fair shot. We are running multiple databases on Sybase, DB2 UDB and MS SQL Server platforms. Any input would help me in our decision and would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have tried in past to evaluate smartDBA although I didnt' get much chance to go into detail.

I didn't like smartDBA for Database management, I spent more time to figure out how to install it and there are many component to install on client and server that is more confusing.

Quest Central is much better tool for database management. With new version of Quest Central you can manage multiple database like db2,oracle and Sqlserver in one console.

Kuckoo

DBArtisan & Quest Central

Hi,

We have used both Quest Central and DB Artisan, however we are more comfortable with DB Artisan as the features that it provides give much explanations and are easier to use. However one issue is that for multiple databases you have an issue.

With Quest Central I can say that it's easier to manage multiple databases and guess for a multiple database environment quest central is a good option.

Cheers

Nitin.
    HTH

Nitin

Ask the experienced rather than the learned