Thread: _Backup copy

Angry Unanswered: _Backup copy

We just upgraded to Access 2002. I was wondering if anyone encountered this:
    I have a multi-user database that has been converted to Access 2000 (from 97), since the conversion it seems to create copies of the database with "name_Backup.mdb" as the dB name.

I am trying to find out why this happens (usually a couple time a week), and then how to prevent it. Has anyone seen this before?

It means that someone had an error within the database, Access said they had to repair and restart it, and they left the checkmark in the box that asked to make a back up checked.

Because it is happening a couple of times a week, you may want to implement a back up strategy if you haven't already.
    All code ADO/ADOX unless otherwise specified.
    Mike.

Originally posted by HomerBoo
    It means that someone had an error within the database, Access said they had to repair and restart it, and they left the checkmark in the box that asked to make a back up checked.

Because it is happening a couple of times a week, you may want to implement a back up strategy if you haven't already.

I just spoke to the person it most recently happened to, and the database just kicked him out. No warning message.

The production version is fine. I make backup copies 5 times a day and they are all in a good state.

Any ideas?

Originally posted by TWJohns
    I just spoke to the person it most recently happened to, and the database just kicked him out. No warning message.

The production version is fine. I make backup copies 5 times a day and they are all in a good state.

Any ideas?
    Run a compact and repair 1st and then recompile the database to check for errors ...

Is there a lot of code in this db or just tables with simple forms.

If you suspect the code, you can create a logging utility to a text file putting out areas in the code that are executed. Similar to Debug.Print error correction but a little more complete as the debug window won't be available when the db crashes
    All code ADO/ADOX unless otherwise specified.
    Mike.