Unanswered: How to avoid duplication of the records when I make update!

Does anyone have any clear idea of how can the following be achieved?
    I have two databases. The databases are the same. One is on the server and the other is on the client machine. Every day I need to back up the data from the client's database to the server's. But inside the tables I want to update only the last record (for the passed day). I do not need to update the records that are there already. ONLY THE LAST RECORD NEEDS TO BE UPDATED.
    I suppose that the solution is somewhere in writing a query or asp code.

People, if you have any ideas, please, share them with me!
    Thanks

Re: How to avoid duplication of the records when I make update!

Originally posted by gelo
    Does anyone have any clear idea of how can the following be achieved?
    I have two databases. The databases are the same. One is on the server and the other is on the client machine. Every day I need to back up the data from the client's database to the server's. But inside the tables I want to update only the last record (for the passed day). I do not need to update the records that are there already. ONLY THE LAST RECORD NEEDS TO BE UPDATED.
    I suppose that the solution is somewhere in writing a query or asp code.

People, if you have any ideas, please, share them with me!
    Thanks

When you update currently how are you doing it? Are you importing a file with the data onto the client machine, or are you selecting from a table?

Re: How to avoid duplication of the records when I make update!

Originally posted by ss659
    When you update currently how are you doing it? Are you importing a file with the data onto the client machine, or are you selecting from a table?
    I haven't decided the way to update the tables yet. How would you suggest to do that?

Thanks

How about this

Why don't you split the database, put the backend in a shared folder on the server. Then, go to the client machine, map a drive to that shared folder on the server and make a shortcut on the client machine that points to the front end. This will eliminate copying or importing all the time.

Hopefully this helps.