Question Unanswered: ACBTR732.ocx and acctr732.ocx

I am using these ActiveX control(Pervasive Data Source control and Pervasive Bound Control) in my VB development. They work OK in the VB environment. But once the application is compiled into a .exe file, when the ActiveX is initiated, a warning message "IDS_ERR_BADFIELDNAME" appears severall times, and the expected items does not appear in the Pervasive Bound Control (bound to the Data Source).

This happens even if I try to run the executable on the development machine (in whose VB environment the application works OK).

I used Dependency Walker to check files ACBtr732.ocx. I found that apphelp.dll is missing, and kernel32.dll, mpr.dll, ntdll.dll have missing export function.

Could someone tell me what to do? Thank you!

Provided Answers: 4
    IDS_ERR_BADFIELDNAME usually means that you've got the wrong DDFs or the wrong field name specified. It really doesn't have anything to do with the distribution of the app or the Pervasive components.
    Check your application to make sure they are accessing the right tables and the right DDFs.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Thank you for the info. I am sure all these are correct because the program runs OK if it runs within the Visual Basic environment. After I compile it to an .exe file and run it, this problem happens.

Originally posted by mirtheil
    IDS_ERR_BADFIELDNAME usually means that you've got the wrong DDFs or the wrong field name specified. It really doesn't have anything to do with the distribution of the app or the Pervasive components.
    Check your application to make sure they are accessing the right tables and the right DDFs.

What operation actually fails? Can you post the code here? Does your application set the DDFPath property at startup or is it coded into the application? Do you have the RefreshLocations property set to True or False?
    Mirtheil Software

The following is the code:

Private Sub Form_Load()
    'Dim lowerLimit As String

fMainForm.MousePointer = vbHourglass
    txtFilter = partNumber
    'vacPart.FieldValue("PRTNUM_01") = txtFilter
    vacPart.FieldValue(0) = txtFilter
    vacPart.GetGreaterorEqual
    vacPart.GetPrevious
    vacPart.CacheRejectMax = 65535
    vacPart.GetFirst
    txtFilter_Change
    End Sub

where vacPart is the data source control. The DDFPath property, and other properties of vacPart are set at startup (program time). There is a Pervasive Bound list control, valPart, that is used to display the PRTNUM_01 field of all the records.

I changed the way to refer to that field, from "PRTNUM_01" to 0. This can reduce the warning. But the result is the same: works in VB IDE but does not work as an executable.

The RefreshLocations field is set to true. I tried to set it to false. This can eliminate the warnings, but the valPart list control is still empty when running outside the VB IDE.

What happens if you change:
    vacPart.FieldValue(0) = txtFilter
    to
    vacPart.FieldValue(0) = txtFilter.text

Does it change the behavior?
    Mirtheil Software

No.

I am going to write a program using the demodata from pervasive, to see if it works or not. I'll post the results.

Thank you very much!