Red face Unanswered: URGENT! Merge replication error 2812

Hi colleagues!

In trying to activate a merge replication between a Win2000/SQL7 distributor/publisher and a Win2003/SQL2000 subscriber I keep getting the following error:

Process could not enumerate changes at the subscriber (error 2812)

Merge publication works fine between the distributor and another subscriber (NT4/SQL7).

When i look at the details of the merge agent history i can see the process stopped with :

call sp_MSenumeratechanges(?,?,?,?,?)

I read article 308743 on microsoft/technet, and there they advise to install SP3a for SQL2000 on the subscriber. Ive done that but the error persists.

SQLServerAgent on the subscriber starts up with a local administrator account, the (physical) server itself is not a member of the local network; (outside the DMZ). The server is declared in the Client Network Utility of the distributor/publisher and is therefore known as a potential subscriber. In fact, the snapshot agent works perfectly (or so it seems).

Can anyone give me a helpfull hint?

Thanks!
    VincentJS

Re: URGENT! Merge replication error 2812

Originally posted by VincentJS
    Hi colleagues!

In trying to activate a merge replication between a Win2000/SQL7 distributor/publisher and a Win2003/SQL2000 subscriber I keep getting the following error:

Process could not enumerate changes at the subscriber (error 2812)

Merge publication works fine between the distributor and another subscriber (NT4/SQL7).

When i look at the details of the merge agent history i can see the process stopped with :

call sp_MSenumeratechanges(?,?,?,?,?)

I read article 308743 on microsoft/technet, and there they advise to install SP3a for SQL2000 on the subscriber. Ive done that but the error persists.

SQLServerAgent on the subscriber starts up with a local administrator account, the (physical) server itself is not a member of the local network; (outside the DMZ). The server is declared in the Client Network Utility of the distributor/publisher and is therefore known as a potential subscriber. In fact, the snapshot agent works perfectly (or so it seems).

Can anyone give me a helpfull hint?

Thanks!
    VincentJS
    I had the similar problem but there is a difference.
    My Publisher is Windows 2000 box / SQL 2000
    Subscriber is NT4.0/SQL 7
    In that case the schema changes would not take place to the lower version of the SQL. Acceptable. I am not sure why you are having the problem.