Thread: Oracle JDK

Unanswered: Oracle JDK

Hi all,
    I am trying to write a stored procedure in pl/sql to encrypt some fields in my database(Oracle 9i). I am using a java method wrapped in pl/sql to do the encryption/decryption. The problem is that I cannot access the javax.crypto classes (secretkeyfactory etc). I have included all the JCE jar files in the {java.home}/lib/ext/ directory and I have updated the java.security file to use security.provider.3=com.ibm.crypto.provider.IBMJCE . My java method compiles and works fine outside oracle (using the websphere JDK) but once I have loaded the method into the database it will not compile using the oracle JDK. There must be some configuration that I have overlooked. I have also included the java home directory path in my classpath. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

java.security

Did you already find a solution to your problem, because I am faced with the same problem.

I got around this problem by using the Oracle Enterprise Manager Console. if you open up your databse schema in the manager ie expand schema, then expand the schema of your user. you should now see source types, expand this, right click on java classes and select load java. you need to enter the path of the jce jar file here eg mine was C:\WebSphere\AppServer\java\jre\lib\ext\jce1_2_1.j ar. i think you need sunjce_provider.jar aswell but do this separately. make sure you grant execute privilages to your user and grant read permission aswell