Unanswered: Server db saved as read only...

I am setting up an Access 2003 db on a 5 workstations network, and the db containing all the tables and data automatically gets saved as read only, so I can't edit or even add any data...
    I've tried changing this through windows properties, but that didn't work. I am assuming this has something to do with Jet security, which I am using. So my question is: does anyone know how to get passed that and have full access to the data on the 'server' db?
    Just in case here are some more details... I am using:
    Access 2003 (Jet) for both front and back end through linked tables residing on one of the workstations that works as a server.
    Any help would be much appreciated!!!!

How can a db be 'saved' read-only? Do you mean created?

"I am assuming this has something to do with Jet security ..."

What is 'Jet security'?

Also, if you start 'server' db via short cuts then check if there's any command line switches. '/ro' switch opens a db read only.
    I won't byte... hard!

I didn't know about having to 'start the server db' and if linked tables don't take care of that, then that might be my problem...

Here's what I'm doing:
    I developed two dbs one with the tables & data (server), and the other with all the forms, etc. (client) both of these were done on the same machine. Then as part of testing, I copied the server db to one machine on the network and the client to another, and after resetting the links to the tables on the server db, the application would open and work normally except that it would not allow any kind of edits or additions to the data on the server db.
    So other then the steps above, how do you start a server db? And from where (client or server)?
    Thanks again,
    Matatan