Reed Group, a national leader in disability management services, seeks a mid-level Database Developer. Reed Group provides disability management products and services to multinational companies worldwide. Reed Group is widely known for the publication of its disability duration guidelines-The Medical Disability Advisor by Presley Reed, MD-used by more than 10,000 customers in the US and in 38 countries. The MDA disability duration guidelines are embedded in our medical case management software used to manage occupational and non-occupational disability absences. Reed Group is headquartered in Westminster, CO and has a regional office in Troy, NY. Please see our web site www.rgl.net.
The primary responsibilities for this position include:
· Using T-SQL, VBScript, DTS and job scheduling to develop custom data intake, extraction, conversion, archiving and batch data manipulation procedures
· Creating custom views per functional requirements to extract data slices based on dates and other criteria
· Supporting existing DTS packages and other database services
The required qualifications for this position include:
· Minimum of 3-5 years experience with Microsoft SQL Server (7-2003)
· Minimum of 3-5 years experience writing SQL and programming in T-SQL
· Thorough understanding of normalized database methodologies and practices
· Minimum of 3 years experience developing DTS packages
The following skills are not required but will receive preferential consideration:
· MSSQL database administration experience including: installation, configuration, optimization, security, back-up/recovery, and replication
· MSSQL maintenance through upgrades and patches
· Experience with XML, FTP, ODBC and SNMP
· Experience with Microsoft development environments, including Visual Basic, Access, and .NET
· Data and object modeling experience (IDEF1x, UML, etc.)
Educational requirements are a BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of training and experience. Microsoft certification is a plus. Strong desire to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment committed to providing exceptional customer service and support. Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.
The Reed Group offers an excellent employer-paid benefits package that includes, medical, dental, vision and prescription plans, paid vacation and holiday’s, group life insurance and 401k.
If you meet these requirements, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.