Unhappy Unanswered: creating a stored procedure

I am using DB2 8.1 and trying to build a stored procedure with Development Center with Administrator's privilege. I have the following error message. don't know what it means... please help... database is fine and connection to it is fine, too. don't know why it happens...

stored procedure is very simple. it just returns resultset from a table, called "grid_values"( like select * from grid.grid_values ). database name is "grid". anybody knows what the problem is?

ADMINISTRATOR.PROCEDURE1 - Build started.
    Create stored procedure returns -1034.
    [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] SQL1034C The database is damaged. All applications processing the database have been stopped. SQLSTATE=58031

ADMINISTRATOR.PROCEDURE1 - Build failed.
    [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1224N A database agent could not be started to service a request, or was terminated as a result of a database system shutdown or a force command. SQLSTATE=55032

ADMINISTRATOR.PROCEDURE1 - Roll back failed.

Thanks in advance...

Re: creating a stored procedure

Hi,

this is most probably not your fault. Please make sure you are up to date with fixpacks, 4a is the most recent, I believe.

Have a look at the file db2diag.log to track the problem. Also, you may want to try creating your stored procedure from command center. You need the full sql command to do this, probably development center might reveal the command somehow if you search for it.

DB2's gui has been around some time and has, in my experience, been rotten ever since it's first incarnations. Try to get accustomed to the command line if you want to really know if your database works.

Johann

Originally posted by caesarkim
    I am using DB2 8.1 and trying to build a stored procedure with Development Center with Administrator's privilege. I have the following error message. don't know what it means... please help... database is fine and connection to it is fine, too. don't know why it happens...

stored procedure is very simple. it just returns resultset from a table, called "grid_values"( like select * from grid.grid_values ). database name is "grid". anybody knows what the problem is?

ADMINISTRATOR.PROCEDURE1 - Build started.
    Create stored procedure returns -1034.
    [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] SQL1034C The database is damaged. All applications processing the database have been stopped. SQLSTATE=58031

ADMINISTRATOR.PROCEDURE1 - Build failed.
    [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1224N A database agent could not be started to service a request, or was terminated as a result of a database system shutdown or a force command. SQLSTATE=55032

ADMINISTRATOR.PROCEDURE1 - Roll back failed.

Thanks in advance...