Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    50

    Unanswered: Configure SQL server 2000.

    Hi all,
    Please, tell me how to configure database SQL server 2000 for a large system, and make it uninterrupted run.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,322
    You might want to give some more specifics...what is large?
    Brett
    8-)

    It's a Great Day for America everybody!

    dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

    The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    50
    Originally posted by Brett Kaiser
    You might want to give some more specifics...what is large?
    Hi,
    I mean the data in database so large and there are so many table in it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Columbia, MD USA
    Posts
    95
    that's still not very specific... how large? how many tables? what type of database is it? how many users? etc, etc, etc...
    drew
    ------------------
    http://wjtechnologies.com

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    50
    Originally posted by drew
    that's still not very specific... how large? how many tables? what type of database is it? how many users? etc, etc, etc...
    Hi,
    For example, there are N table and M user and L user concurrent...
    please, show me.
    Thanks

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Dark Planet
    Posts
    1,401
    Well .. it would be more useful, if you gave us numbers to crunch ... what may be very large for you ...(Lets say 30 GB database .. 500 Users etc ...) might be normal for the DBA's around here ... We will be able to help you much more if you provide more specifications.
    Get yourself a copy of the The Holy Book

    order has no physical Brett in The meaning of a Kaiser . -database data

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Columbia, MD USA
    Posts
    95
    Originally posted by Enigma
    Well .. it would be more useful, if you gave us numbers to crunch ... what may be very large for you ...(Lets say 30 GB database .. 500 Users etc ...) might be normal for the DBA's around here ... We will be able to help you much more if you provide more specifications.
    amen to that! we can't help you if you don't post specifics
    drew
    ------------------
    http://wjtechnologies.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •