Question Unanswered: Transactional replication - automating a regular snapshot

I have transactional replication running. I would like the Snapshot Agent to run regularly (once per day, probably, at 23:00) so that the target data are completely refreshed so that there is little possibility of the target getting out of sync.

The Snapshot Agent's job is kicking off OK, but the "snapshot was not generated because no subscriptions needed initialization". I know I can initialise the subscriptions manually - is there a way to do this so that the initialisation happens just before the snapshot job launches?

Or is this a bad thing to want to do?

TIA

Re: Transactional replication - automating a regular snapshot

From what I know., if the Snapshot agent is running initilialization, snapshot agent will keep waiting until its ready for the subsriber to grab the data. It will be endless loop and the latency of subscriber keep checking for the snapshot file is depend on your scheduler.

Originally posted by askrabbit
    I have transactional replication running. I would like the Snapshot Agent to run regularly (once per day, probably, at 23:00) so that the target data are completely refreshed so that there is little possibility of the target getting out of sync.

The Snapshot Agent's job is kicking off OK, but the "snapshot was not generated because no subscriptions needed initialization". I know I can initialise the subscriptions manually - is there a way to do this so that the initialisation happens just before the snapshot job launches?

Or is this a bad thing to want to do?

TIA