Exclamation Unanswered: Strange error and behaviour: -2147217865

Hello everyone!

I've got a strange error and behaviour:
    "-2147217865 - The Microsoft Jet database enginge cannot find the input table or query 'tblArticles'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly."

This is how its working. Each user have an MS Access 2000 db with a form and linked tables that points to an access db on a network share.

They get the error above a couple of time/day. When it hapends the user has to close Access and reboot the computer in order to get it to work again. The error occur even if they just have Access running in the background.

Everything worked well for about six month before this error started to appear.

I've run "Compact and Repair database" and even the JetCU40, but that doesn't help.

When they close the error message above Access throws another error:

"The record source 'SELECT [tblArticles].[artaction] FROM tblArticles GROUP BY [tblArticles].[artaction] HAVING (((tblArticles.artaction) Is Not Null));' specified on this form or report does not exist. You misspelled the name, or it was deleted or renamed in the current database, or it exists in a different database. In the Form....etc"

The query above is simply populating a dropdown box.

The table DOES exist and running the above query works fine.

Can anyone give me a hint what to look for? I'm running out of ideas and the user is getting more and more frustrated.

Users are running W2K (sp3), MDAC 2.7, Office 2000 (sp1).

Regards,
    Andreas

Sounds like network problems ... How many users are using this?

Have you tried creating a new database and importing all the objects? I know I tend to suggest this a lot and it sounds like the ever-helpful Helpdesk advice of 'restart windows', but sometimes corruption is slight and causes errors that can't be explained.

BTW, I think you can move your (tblArticles.artaction) Is Not Null; to a WHERE clause instead of your HAVING clause and use the Not IsNull() evaluator. This fix your error, but will give you efficiency gains.
    All code ADO/ADOX unless otherwise specified.
    Mike.

Originally posted by HomerBoo
    Have you tried creating a new database and importing all the objects? I know I tend to suggest this a lot and it sounds like the ever-helpful Helpdesk advice of 'restart windows', but sometimes corruption is slight and causes errors that can't be explained.

BTW, I think you can move your (tblArticles.artaction) Is Not Null; to a WHERE clause instead of your HAVING clause and use the Not IsNull() evaluator. This fix your error, but will give you efficiency gains.

Thanks! Found som strange errors when I tried to import the objects into a fresh new database, but with a little cut and paste I got everything into the new db and now everything works fine!

Regards,
    Andreas