Unanswered: Paradox 9 won't start up.....

Hi guys, hope you can help!

I have Paradox 9 developer installed on a Windows 2000 server box, which a colleague connects to in order to develop. (I am based at the same site as the server so I have Developer installed on my pc)

The problem is that Paradox works for a few weeks then it just fails to run... The splash screen comes on and stays for a few seconds then closes but no application or error messages!

Any have any ideas? Never has this happen before!

Cheers!

KK

I've had a similar problem and it was due to a drive mapping anomoly.

If you have a command line argument to load the IDAPI.CFG file, and that file is on a network drive; or, if the default IDAPI file is on the network, this error may occur.

You're supposed to get a "can't load configuration file" dialog, but I don't when this error occurs. What fixed it for us was to use explorer to browse to the idapi file, then simply close explorer. It's almost as if Windows sort of needs a reminder of the drive mapping.

In our case the network server in question was Netware, and the problem manifested after a re-boot of the server (it had been up for over two years without a re-boot).

Thanks mate! We'll try that next time it happens!

I did a repair from the CD and it's working at the moment but we'll bear it in mind.

Thanks again

KK