Unanswered: Command Button Event Procedures

how do i create an event procedure that takes a value from a combo box (that the user selects) and then works out a fine:

IIf([Days Late]<7,0,IIf([Days Late]<14,0.3,IIf([Days Late]<21,0.6,IIf([Days Late]<28,1,IIf([Days Late]<56,1.5,IIf([Days Late]>56,3))))))

and stores the value in the "fine" field of the "loan" table and also shows that value in the "fine" text box on the form?

Smile

Assign to a variable your results from IIf. Run a SQL update to your table using your unique identifier: CurrentProject.Connection.Execute "UPDATE LOAN SET FINE = " & YourCalculatedVariable & " WHERE YourUniqueIndentifier = " & WhateverYourUniqueIdentifierIs & ";"

Me.Text1.Value = YourCalculatedVariable
    Me.Repaint

If YourUniqueIdentifier is of text, you will need to have single quotes surrounding the variable.

So fines are free if books are returned on the 56th day?
    All code ADO/ADOX unless otherwise specified.
    Mike.

sounds good but i hav no idea wat that means. could u type exactly wat i need to type and where it needs to go please?

CurrentProject.Connection.Execute "UPDATE LOAN SET FINE = " & YourCalculatedVariable & " WHERE YourUniqueIndentifier = " & WhateverYourUniqueIdentifierIs & ";"
    -- see http://tinyurl.com/3h9zt, the section on "How Do I Use the Connection Object in ADO"

YourCalculatedVariable
    -- see online help String Data Type
    All code ADO/ADOX unless otherwise specified.
    Mike.

thanks for the help!

if anyone else has anythin to help tho, im open to suggestions