Unanswered: Working with multiple Microsoft Applications

I found in Microsoft Access VBA Help what I thought was going to be a very helpful command. Specifically, the command "AppActivate":

The example in the Help file included the following statement:

AppActivate "Microsoft Word"

The implication was that any open Word document could be activated with the above command. In playing with AppActivate, however, I discovered that the Application's Title Bar is what must follow the "AppActivate" command. Is there a way to sort through all open applications to find the exact name in each application's Title Bar?

I often have one or more Excel Workbooks open with Access and I am trying to activate and display to the User certain Excel or Access applications.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Jim

AppActivate uses Win API functions to activate a window with specified Title, to get more abilities , you should use directly Win API, it's quet easy, because VBA supports DLL calls and all you need is Win API help and VB API Viewer (taht is supplied with MS VB)
    MDB, ADP <-> MS SQL + VBA, ADO & RDO, .NET, Oracle, Java/Jsp.

Originally posted by Kakha
    AppActivate uses Win API functions to activate a window with specified Title, to get more abilities , you should use directly Win API, it's quet easy, because VBA supports DLL calls and all you need is Win API help and VB API Viewer (taht is supplied with MS VB)

Thank you for your response. I am sure the solution is in your response but being pretty new to VBA I could not figure out what it is. I tried searching VBA Help for Win API, but I could not find anything about sorting thru open applications to determine each application's Title. Is it possible for you to provide the code for searching and determining each open application's Title?

Thank you again for your help.

Jim

little info
    you can enumerate all windos and get each window info each time, also you can enumerate all processes and their windows. can't explein all details via forum, but anyway you need some time to feel famialiar with API
    MDB, ADP <-> MS SQL + VBA, ADO & RDO, .NET, Oracle, Java/Jsp.

Originally posted by Kakha
    little info
    you can enumerate all windos and get each window info each time, also you can enumerate all processes and their windows. can't explein all details via forum, but anyway you need some time to feel famialiar with API
    Thanks for the tip.

Jim