var sidebar_align = 'right';
var content_container_margin = parseInt('290px');
var sidebar_width = parseInt('270px');
Unanswered: Problems with Enterprise Manager and 2003 Server
I have 2 2003 Servers running SQL Server 2000, SP3. All are seviced packed up the the 9's and i get the same problem on both.
Whenever you try and access any GUI views of tables etc. within Enterprise Manager the following error message occurs.
"An unexpected error happened during this operation."
I have tried simple things like re-install of client tools, and also re-registering mdt2dd.dll. But to no avail.
Any idea's please?
Re: Problems with Enterprise Manager and 2003 Server
A couple of thoughts:
1. check your error logs (system and application). There may be something there (though based on recent experience, I wouldn't bet on it).
2. Check privileges/security/user rights. Are you the admin on the PC?
3. Fire up SQL Profiler (make sure to trap for all errors); go through the process that gives you the error and see if there are any results.
4. Check MS Technet and see if they have related articles.
5. Reinstall the client tools.
6. Introduce your PC to a Louisville Slugger (my preference is for the 34 oz. variety).
Tried all but #6, but tempting
Tried all, all came up zip.
MS Tech did come up with a very similar problem but sadly was refering to SQL Server 7, and would have been fixed with SP3.
Checked the windows event logs ??? Maybe they will provide a clue ..
Get yourself a copy of the The Holy Book
order has no physical Brett in The meaning of a Kaiser . -database data