Unanswered: subreports with no data

Hi,

I am running a report with subreports and the data is fine only if there is no data the subreport controls do not show up, what I want to do if there is no data is to keep the subreport control visible and maybe have a label that says no data available any help greatly appreciated and thanks in advance

Troy.

the fields should apear in the sub report.... my guess would be that you have stoped uses adding to that table - check the allow aditions property of the child and also the permissions of the database

whops sub REPORT not form lol - i don't think it can b done

I am not sure what controls you want to see, but if they are headers, then put them on the main report and use the subreport to show the data. Then as far as showing the no data message, create a label or a text box with the message you want to show, then put the subreport over top of the textbox or label. Then when there is no data in the subreport the message shows by default. And if there is data then the text box is hidden.

SUB REPORTS

Originally posted by DCKunkle
    I am not sure what controls you want to see, but if they are headers, then put them on the main report and use the subreport to show the data. Then as far as showing the no data message, create a label or a text box with the message you want to show, then put the subreport over top of the textbox or label. Then when there is no data in the subreport the message shows by default. And if there is data then the text box is hidden.
    Thanks for responding but the label shows through when there is data and there is no transparency property to set, I can't believe sub reports, horrible!!!!!